It is a common misconception that selling your home is best in the spring and summer months. The truth is, each season has benefits when it comes to your home sale.
Let us explain:
Pros For A Spring Sale
1. Buyers tend to wait out the cold weather. Now that the weather has improved, Buyers who had stopped looking over the winter begin to saturate the market. More Buyers = More Competition, which drives up prices. An increase in prices then means a potential Buyer is willing to pay more for your home than they may have otherwise.
2. The sun is out and the days have become longer. This allows buyers to spend more time looking at homes in the daylight, giving you the opportunity to better showcase your home.
3. Buying your next home is easier. More listings come to market in the spring, so if you are buying as well as selling, there will be more homes for you to choose from.
Pros For A Summer Sale
1. Summertime is optimal for families. The kids aren't in school and so everyone has more time to look for homes together. Families also prioritize moving before the fall as not to disrupt the school year for children.
2. Summer may bring out the best in your property. With great landscaping and freshly cut grass, the first impression of your home may make all the different to a potential buyer.
3. Although your home may sell in the summer, you can decide to have a closing date near the end of the summer or in the fall. This allows you to enjoy one more summer in your home before you move on to your next adventure, whatever that may be.
Pros For A Fall Sale
1. In the fall, Buyers are looking to beat the bad weather and begin to get more serious. Typically these Buyers have the goal of buying a home and moving before the bad weather hits.
2. Fall is beautiful. The beautiful colors can create a lovely pallet to give great curb appeal and a cozy feeling to your home. You can increase this feeling by adding more charm such as seasonal flowers or a decorative wreath.
3. By choosing to list your home for sale in the fall, you are able to fully enjoy the rest of summer before having to think about preparing, packing and moving.
Pros For A Winter Sale
1. In the winter, you will almost exclusively have serious Buyers, and far less "Window Shoppers" out looking at homes. This means far more serious Buyers coming to view your home, and far less inconvenient showings.
2. You can beat the competition before it comes to market. What does this mean? Spring typically signals the start of the home buying season. This means that there will be more homes on the market for Buyers to choose from. When you list in the Winter, Buyers have less choices and are able to more easily make a decision.
3. Who doesn't love walking into a home full of holiday cheer!? Seasonal decorations are warm and inviting to home buyers. Invoking these emotions will help the potential Buyers imagine where they will put their own decorations and make their own memories. Emotion is very powerful and has the ability to make people act (This is the same reason staging is used in some homes. It has the ability to produce the same effect).
Different people move at different times and for different reasons. If this is your season, or your season is coming up, lets talk!
Book a consultation at a time that is convenient for you by clicking here: https://calendly.com/shaldunwilson/